Ruins located in Anuradhapura
Lovamahapaya also known as the Brazen Palace because in ancient times, the roof was covered with bronze tiles. One side of the building was 400 ft (120 m) in length. There are 40 rows, each row consisting of 40 stone pillars, for a total of 1600 pillars. It is believed that it took six years for the construction of the building and the plan was brought from the heavens. The building was completely destroyed during the reign of King Saddhatissa. The small building in the center is late construction and is the Venue of Uposatha (chapter house) of the Maha Vihara even now.